Here an extract from an interesting article at WebMD.com it describes the health advantages of Kiwi fruit , its high in fiber, pottassium rich , antioxidant rich, and is a possible aid to respiratory and heart health . It also details research from Taiwan which showed substantial improvements in sleep and sleep quantity , data and sleep dairies were used , volunteers also eat kiwi fruit 1 hour before bed .
‘ After 4 weeks of kiwi consumption, researchers found significant improvements to several measures of sleep:
- People fell asleep more quickly. Sleep onset latency—the amount of time it takes to fall asleep after going to bed—decreased by 35.4%.
- People slept more soundly. Waking time after sleep onset—the amount of time spent in periods of wakefulness after initially falling asleep—fell 28.9%.
- Sleep quality improved. Scores on a standardized sleep quality questionnaire—where lower scores mean better sleep—decreased by 42.4%.
- Sleep efficiency—a measurement of the amount of time spent actually sleeping compared to the total amount of time spent in bed—increased by 5.41%.
- People slept more overall. Total sleep time among the volunteers increased by 13.4%.
These are some pretty dramatic improvements to quality, quantity and efficiency of sleep. We need to see additional research explore the sleep-promoting effects of kiwifruit, but this is a pretty intriguing start.’